This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career within a market leading engineering company as an apprentice welder. Scorpion Red Power produce hand crafted performance exhausts for cars, motorcycles and scooters.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
14 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice will follow the internal company training and induction programme giving them an initial overview of the company. Apprentices will work alongside their experienced colleagues in the welding section, producing high quality parts
- They will work safely and follow all company rules and regulations
- They will attend college and complete the modules as required
- Apprentices will position, prepare and check welding equipment
- They will receive, handle and maintain consumables
- The apprentice will prepare, check and protect materials and work area ready for welding
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 general Welder Apprenticeship Standard, including Functional Skills if required
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our engineering campus (NG17). This attendance is required during term time only
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
- At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We are looking for somebody to join the team for a long-term career and not just serve an apprenticeship
- With dedication and passion the right candidate will grow and develop within the business, you could progress to our research and development department to be a part of a team, and develop products for a worldwide brand in an exciting environment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.