This is an exciting opportunity to represent Lakelands Academy. The school is committed to and champions equality in all aspects of employment with The Academy. All employees are expected to understand and promote the Equality Policy in the course of their work.
Closing date: 15 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
29 Jul 2024
10 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
• To handle cash and cheques to include the counting and accurate recording of receipts, entering of data onto academy finance computer software systems and spreadsheets and undertaking visits to the bank as and when required.
• To update and process transactions on the School Fund FMS database.
• To process invoices onto the FMS accounting database in accordance with academy policy and procedure.
• To issue remittances to all suppliers following creation of BACs payment run.
• To make use of the Booking Plus software for all new hirer bookings and amend existing bookings.
• To check statement and purchase orders file monthly to make sure FMS is accurate and kept up to date.
• To manage and keep up to date the daily revenue takings spreadsheet for the CRB Cunninghams online cashless catering service.
• To keep an up to date record of budget/authorised signatures for audit purposes.
• To distribute capitation reports to all departmental budget holders on a regular basis or as and when required and report any discrepancies to the Finance Manager for resolution.
• To support the finance team in the processing of information onto ParentPay/ParentMail software systems.
• To process credit card orders and follow the procedures set out in the academy finance manual for processing invoices and updating capitation budgets.
• To process academy and school fund petty cash payments as stated within the academy finance manual.
• To reconcile the petty cash boxes on a weekly basis.
• To carry out monthly reconciliation of accounts as instructed by the Finance Manager.
• To ensure a prompt and professional response to incoming internal/external telephone calls.
• To make external calls on behalf of the academy as requested in a professional and appropriate manner.
• To make effective use of the SIMS database to locate students and teachers, including the taking and forwarding of messages for staff and students.
• To greet personal callers in a professional and personable manner, including the organisation of ID badges, signing in and notifying staff internally of the presence of a visitor to the academy during holiday periods when the administration team is not working in school.
• To type documents from time to time, input data onto spreadsheets and SIMS database.
• To photocopying, file and circulate documents as appropriate.
• To open, stamp and circulate incoming post and preparation and franking of outgoing post during holiday periods when the administration team is not working in school.
• To manage bookings for the school minibus and mobile telephones.
• To be responsible for ensuring minibus maintenance checks have been completed satisfactorily and communicate any issues to the site team to resolve.
• To ensure mobile telephones are charged and have enough credit ready for school trips.
• To refresh and keep academy information screens up to date using the Senso software.
• To make use of the Umbraco software in order to update the academy website for community hire availability of the academy’s facilities.
• To participate in the performance and development and review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with the Finance Manager.
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- This will also include functional skills if required
- End point assessment
- Certificate of completion of the standard.
- You may have to attend formal college sessions (if English & maths are required).
- You will learn the knowledge, skills and behaviours related to the apprenticeship standard.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
There would be a possibility for the right candidate after a successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
LAKELANDS EDUCATIONAL TRUST
HEREFORDSHIRE, LUDLOW, AND NORTH SHROPSHIRE COLLEGE
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
0345 678 9023
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.