Business Admin Apprentice (Student and Apprentice Services) Chesterfield College
You will provide efficient and effective administration support to the industry placement co-ordinator and Student & Apprentice Services team. The role will require you to advertise industry placements, update placement records, monitor applications and set up interviews on behalf of employers.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
16-18 years of age, the rate of pay will be £10,255.73, 19+ the rate of pay will be £13,191.46
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
08 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
1. Advertise all work-related opportunities (including industry placement and work experience vacancies) on internal and third-party platforms in a timely manner. This includes promoting opportunities internally within the College in all curriculum areas and on all job boards (physical or digital).
2. Support the effective co-ordination of all industry placements, providing administrative assistance and support to all curriculum and support areas.
3. Update and regularly maintain all industry placement records. This includes ensuring all start and on-placement paperwork has been completed correctly and in line with funding requirements.
4. Laise and co-ordinate the completion of health and safety pre-vet assessments with employers for any students attending work placement.
5. Monitor applications and enquiries to industry placement opportunities, apprenticeships and any class-based programmes and carry out effective pre-registration and screening of candidates where appropriate.
6. Quickly understand information regarding prospective student and apprentices’ needs and provide professional and accurate advice to potential students and apprentices.
7. Schedule interviews on behalf of employers for all industry placement opportunities. This includes preparing interview schedules and issuing supporting paperwork and documentation to all parties.
8. Provide a customer focused service to a range of stakeholders which includes applicants, colleagues and employers, responding promptly to enquire received via email and over the phone. Field enquiries to other departments as appropriate.
9. Set up and schedule initial assessments appointments with students to ensure suitability for the commencement of an industry placement and any other programmes where applicable. This includes handling all communications with students, employers and course tutors.
10. Meet and greet candidates for interviews and assessments, providing them with all associated documentation on arrival.
11. Carry out keep in touch calls with all students on an industry placement where appropriate and as directed by line manager.
12. Support at all recruitment events and workshops as and when required.
13. Liaise with marketing to ensure all opportunities are advertised on the necessary social media platforms.
14. Maintain and update all records and data relating to industry placement activity.
15. Regularly update and provide reports to the Industry Placement Co-ordinator and other cross College Managers as required.
16. Carry out any other associated customer service and administrative duties in relation to the recruitment of all prospective students and apprentices.
17. Carry out reception duties as and when required. This includes answering all incoming calls and enquiries to the business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry-specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills, which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications. On and off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full-time employment on successful completion ofthe apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
01246 500 500
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.