A chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting as well as learn about Childcare related topics in a classroom setting. This will include gaining your Level 3 Paediatric First Aid.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
07 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards an Advanced Diploma Early Years
Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months, where you will be supported by a dedicated assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor and other staff within the nursery.
This Apprenticeship requires dedication, commitment and punctuality for you to be successful.
This Apprenticeship will open doors to a variety of future roles and career paths within the Childcare Sector.
Training will take place in the workplace.
You will need to attend online training with your Assessor for 10 days out of your 13-month apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and you will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion. Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room Leader Positions
- Possible Management training
- Springboard into Primary Education
- Paediatric nursing
- Continuous development in current nursery setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DOTS & TOTS LTD
0121 285 7916
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.