This role provides 1st line technical support to our customers, troubleshooting problems remotely (by telephone, email or remote access) or scheduling Field Engineers to provide on-site break-fix support. The role involves always providing excellent customer service, striving to exceed client and business expectations. Liaising with other internal departments and external partners to complete tickets when required.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
• Private healthcare for you and your dependents after a qualifying period, and a flu vaccination voucher once per year. • Recruitment referral scheme • Reward and Recognition scheme. • Excellent professional development opportunities.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
04 Aug 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring tickets are resolved in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Scheduling Field Engineers for site visits when problems cannot be resolved remotely
- Always providing excellent customer service, striving to exceed client and business expectations
- Liaising with other internal departments and external partners to resolve tickets when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week for 1 year)
- Approximately four on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job, training will be for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship
End Point Assessment:
- Work-based project and presentation
- Portfolio based interview
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time employment as IT Helpdesk Operative
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C 9/4) Essential
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.