Apprenticeship sales representative DORMER PRAMET LIMITED
You will be joining a global organisation at an exciting time of growth, building your career in technical sales. As an Apprentice Sales Representative you will be building a market leading commercial skill set. Your duties will include developing an understanding and competence in all areas of our sales processes.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Banding for the role is £23,000 - £25,000 per year depending upon experience.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
03 Aug 2023
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Initially an internally focused role, developing an understanding and competence in all areas of our sales processes and organisation such as -
- Sales planning and preparation: set effective targets using sales forecasts. Prioritise customers and activities to grow account value and maximise return-on-investment in line with your organisation’s strategy. Formulate or refine customer plans and objectives. Create efficient territory plans where appropriate.
- Customer engagement: Effectively communicate and interpret customer information exchanged through written, verbal and non-verbal communication. Develop a customer engagement style that effectively opens sales conversations, builds rapport, enhances customer relationships, and adapts to different customer’s social preferences.
- Customer needs analysis: be highly skilled at effective questioning and active listening techniques to understand the customer’s needs, guide the sales conversation appropriately, create mutual understanding, and build trust and affinity with customers.
- Propose and present solutions: develop sales proposals and deliver them using a presentation style and technique appropriate for your customer. Present relevant products and/or services, explain features and their advantages, and clearly articulate the value and benefit of the solution for the specific customer. Use and adapt a range of techniques to draw-out and overcome common sales objections.
- Negotiate: research the customer’s likely desired outcomes and negotiating stance. Develop responses to likely objections. Identify your own organisation’s needs, such as minimum price and acceptable terms. Negotiate or trade variables effectively.
- Closing Sales: be attuned to verbal and non-verbal buying-signals andmove to close at an appropriate point in sales conversations. Develop ethical techniques to close sales and confirm customers’ purchase agreement.
- Gathering Intelligence: collect, analyse and interpret market intelligence and share it appropriately and effectively within the organisation.
- Time Management: use and adapt appropriate tools and techniques to prioritise and manage your time effectively.
- Collaboration and team work: contribute effectively within a team environment.
- Work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage communications with the cross-functional team in relation to the effective delivery of your sales, such as finance and service delivery.
- Support continual business improvement by sharing best practice with sales team colleagues and assist the marketing team to develop new marketing collateral.
- Customer experience management: deliver a positive customer experience. Manage customer enquiries and issues effectively. Take proactive action to prevent and minimise customer concerns and complaints. Handle all customer interactions professionally to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Digital skills: effectively use digital tools to conduct research and target customers in line with the overall sales strategy.
- Accurately record and process sales in accordance with your organisation’s policies, procedures and digital CRM systems.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be undertaking the Sales Executive Level 4 Programme, which will be delivered to you by Mercuri International UK. Mercuri are Global Leaders in Sales and Leadership Training and are a Business Improvement Consultancy.
The duration of the programme is approximately 18 months in duration. Training is delivered through a series of themed workshops, live virtual learning, coaching through 1:1 sessions with your nominated coach who will support you for the duration of your journey, we support you with directed online learning and face-to-face training when we are able.
The training and theory are designed to be relevant and applicable to your day-to-day role, it will challenge you and push to you achieve excellence in performance.
Career development and support from day one
Opportunities to collaborate with a wide and varied number of functions across the business and the ability to learn new skills
A dynamic working environment offering attractive working conditions
We're a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, ideal for anyone with an interest in protecting our environment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion, our joint end goal, is to progress you into a Field Based Sales role with vast opportunities for personal and professional development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Degree in an Engineering based discipline (Grade Degree) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MERCURI INTERNATIONAL (UK) LIMITED
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.