This post has been designated to support the exams team with the administration and processing of information relating to key student data-related college processes, which include making registrations and claims with awarding organisations, processing exam entries, issuing certificates, tests and assessments and other administrative tasks.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
16-18 years of age, the rate of pay will be £10,255.73, 19+ the rate of pay will be £13,191.46
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
31 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Undertake a range of administration functions for the delivery of all examination related activities for college students.
2. Assist all staff responsible for key student data-related college processes relating to the examinations process, including exam registrations, entries, access arrangements, claims, results and certificates.
3. Support with the submission of registrations and exam entries to awarding bodies in line with their regulations, through the College’s Student Records System and awarding body portals, ensuring all deadlines are met.
4. Support with the administration, secure receipt and storage of exam papers and other exam related materials.
5. Support with the preparation for conducting exams and tests, including preparing examination and invigilator packs and other required materials.
6. Submit claims for achievement and certification to the awarding bodies through the College’s Student Records System and awarding body portals, ensuring all deadlines are met.
7. Accurately record student achievements on the Student Records System in a timely fashion, and run associated reports as required, for checking and verification.
8. Support with the secure despatch of exam related materials to awarding bodies and external verifiers.
9. Process and post certificates to students following receipt from the awarding organisation.
10. Ensure all systems, procedures and documentation are fit for purpose. Share ideas on potential changes to systems and processes through recommendations to management.
11. Support during the busy examination events taking place throughout the academic year, delivering a timely and accurate service and providing a high quality student experience.
12. Develop you customer service skills through building good working relations with college staff on behalf of team.
13. Provide outstanding customer service at the Exams Office reception as required.
14. Using Microsoft Office applications to word process, create labels and maintain spreadsheets as required.
15. To comply with all aspects of the General Data Protection Regulation Act (GDPR) in your work, ensuring the security of learner information.
16. To apply the College’s own safeguarding policy and practices and attend training as requested.
17. To show a commitment to equality and diversity and anti-discriminatory practices. The postholder is expected to comply with and promote the College’s Equality policy in all aspects of their duties and responsibilities.
18. To take responsibility for one’s own professional development and continually update as necessary, participating in appropriate staff development activities as required including the Performance & Development Review (PDR).
19. To show a commitment to working co-operatively within a self-critical culture, including acting as a member of a quality team.
20. To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the job
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry-specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard Level 3, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills, which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion, you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications. On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Potential for full time employment on successful completion ofthe apprenticeship.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
01246 500 500
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.