Apprentice Administration Assistant STOCKSBRIDGE MEDICAL GROUP
This apprenticeship is a great opportunity for you to work in a medical environment completing day to day admin duties. This will be a face to face receptionist role. Your role will involve telephone communications, emailing , filing , managing appointments and reporting to senior staff.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
26 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery
- Enter requests for home visits into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to the Duty Doctor
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually
- Prepare lists and notes for all surgeries and clinics held, ensuring completion of all associated paperwork
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private (non General Medical Services) services, accept payment and issue receipts for the same
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required
- Patient notes and correspondence, the practice is paper light:
- Ensure up to date maintenance of filing system
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc are filed promptly and in the correct records, ensuring that all recent correspondence is available when patients are seen
- Make and serve refreshments, ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy and air and tidy the waiting room in turn with other staff
- Ensure waiting areas and foyers both internally and externally are free from litter. Check children’s play area for safety and tidiness
- Ensure that all new patients are registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Filing notes and retrieving paperwork
- Computer data entry / data allocation and collation, processing and recording information in accordance with Practice procedures
- Clearing and re-stock consulting rooms as required
- Providing clerical assistance to Practice and Trust staff as required from time to time, including word / data processing, filing, photocopying, scanning and shredding
- Duties may include visits to Post Office and local shops
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Admin Standard to be delivered during the apprenticeship.
The location of the training will be at Construction Design Centre, Cricket Inn Road, Manor Lane, S2 1TR.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
0114 205 7504
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.