STARTING ASAP! We are looking for an outgoing, motivated, organised individual that is willing to join in and become part of our fun, busy Social Inclusion team.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
Annually-to £17,610 dependent on age and experience
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
26 Oct 2023
24 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work on the Reception desk.
- Answering incoming calls and assisting with queries. #
- Passing messages to the relevant department/person
- Welcome people into the building
- Ensuring that they sign in and the person that they are meeting with is aware of their arrival
- Receive parcels on delivery and ensuring they are handed to the appropriate person and signed for
- Support Social Inclusion Officers to address social isolation in communities across Barnsley in consultation with them and the Social Inclusion Project Manager
- Promote the service at community events by speaking to the public and supporting SIOs with presentations
- Assist with the preparation of refreshments, setting up of venues and tidying up after an event/group
- Work sensitively with SIOs to support older people on a 1-1 basis, often in their own homes, to address social isolation and loneliness including supporting them to groups where necessary and appropriate
- Efficient use of data recording on spreadsheets, use of Word and daily usage of internet.
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed to safeguard the health and safety of self, service users, volunteers and staff
- Ensure the service is maintained to the highest standards at all times
- Carry out any other duties consistent with the responsibilities of this post as Requested from time to time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business administrator L3 apprenticeship standard
There will also be opportunities to participate in further training relevant to the role. For example: Dementia awareness 1st aid Lone worker Health and safety Safeguarding We will work with the successful candidate to ensure they get the most out of their experience while working with Age Uk Barnsley.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
While undertaking this apprenticeship the main qualification will be Business Administrator Level 3, which will be aided by the assessor in the workplace. If Maths and English is required, this will be completed before the EPA process. The role will also allow the person to gain skills in facing customer tasks, assisting with group planning and supporting and to take part in the many, varied projects that we facilitate each year.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
AGE UK BARNSLEY
MEADOWHALL TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.