Teaching Assistant Apprentice at Benenden C Of E Primary School Benenden C Of E Primary School
We are looking for a teaching assistant apprentice to support the teacher to enable every child to learn and develop within the school setting. The apprentice will be supporting the children in a class with their learning, either as groups, on a 1:1 basis with a child as directed by the class teacher.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Please note that your initial hourly rate will be £5.28 per hour. As this is a term time only position, you will receive a pro-rata amount of the advertised annual salary.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
12 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be supporting the children in a class with their learning, either as groups, on a 1:1 basis with a child as directed by the class teacher.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Support the children with their learning, focusing particularly on their reading, writing and maths.
- Listen to children read, reading to them or telling them stories.
- Help children who need extra support to complete tasks.
- To motivate and encourage children and model positive behaviour.
- Help with class activities including trips and whole school events.
- To support a child with their personal development.
- Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents.
- Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons.
- Taking part in training where appropriate.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard:
- English and maths functional skills at level 2 if required
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
- Work based and tutor supported online training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be an opportunity to become a TA within the federation, subject to vacancies.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PROFILE DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.