Join our team as an Apprentice IT Specialist at Werfen UK and embark on an exciting journey to develop your technical skills and contribute to the delivery of cutting-edge healthcare diagnostic solutions. Apply today and take the first step towards a rewarding career in the field of IT solutions implementation. Duties include to provide technical assistance to end-users, both in person and remotely. This may involve troubleshooting hardware and software issues, resolving network connectivity problems, and guiding users through various IT processes.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
12 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Help Desk Operations: Assist with managing and maintaining the help desk system, including logging support tickets, tracking progress, and ensuring timely resolution of issues
- System Maintenance: Participate in routine maintenance tasks such as installing and configuring software updates, patches, and security fixes. You might also assist with monitoring system performance
- Hardware and Software Setup: Help with setting up and deploying computer systems, including installing operating systems, software applications, and hardware peripherals. This may involve imaging new computers, configuring network settings, and ensuring proper functionality
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of support requests, troubleshooting steps, and solutions provided. Document common technical issues and create knowledge base articles or user guides to assist with self-help troubleshooting
- User Training and Education: Assist in conducting training sessions or workshops to educate users about system functionality, best practices, and security awareness. Help users understand how to use our software solutions effectively
- Internal IT Inventory Management: Collaborate with the IT team to track and manage inventory, including hardware, software licenses, and peripherals. Assist in maintaining an up-to-date inventory database and coordinate equipment procurement when needed
- Security Measures: Support the implementation and maintenance of security measures such as antivirus software, firewalls, and user access controls. Stay updated on emerging security threats and assist in educating users about cybersecurity best practices
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with team members and other departments to address IT-related issues and requests. Communicate effectively with end-users to gather information and provide timely updates on ticket statuses
- On-Site Shadowing: Accompany IT Specialists on customer site visits, shadowing them to gain practical experience and understanding of implementation and troubleshooting procedures. This will provide you with exposure to a range of Hospital IT solutions and systems in real-world settings
- Administrative Tasks: Carry out administrative tasks as required, including maintaining installation records, updating databases, preparing reports, and completing documentation related to IT implementation activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release at Warrington & Vale Royal College working towards successful completion of Level 3 Information and Communications Technician
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment at the business after successful completion of your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.