The apprentices duties will to be to support the Nursery practitioners with day-to-day organisation, planning, playing and learning. You will always ensure the children’s safety and to take an interest in the children and their families, to always treat them as individuals and with respect. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Oct 2023
11 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure the wellbeing, health and safety of the children in your care
- Create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To share the corporate responsibility for the well-being and discipline of pupils, following procedures as detailed in the school’s Child Protection, Behaviour Management and Health and Safety Policies
- To work as a valued member of the nursery team promoting a positive environment and demonstrating reliability, initiative and creativity
- To foster an environment in which the children are encouraged in their all-round development and where high standards of education are provided
- To assist in the planning of activities suitable for the age range of the children
- To organise resources ensuring that they are clean, correctly stored with labels and well maintained
- To work with colleagues in order to ensure that the room is clean, tidy and ready for use at the start of each session, particularly ensuring that the kitchen and food hygiene meets legal requirements
- To advise the line manager of any matter requiring attention
- To build a positive relationship with parents/carers
- To promote the good work of the school in the wider community
- To participate in professional development and performance review procedures, including attending inset days and training on child protection and health & safety
- To support any reasonable request by the line manager and leadership team.
(This job description should be seen as indicative of the type of responsibilities included within the role and not as a comprehensive list)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Over the course of 18 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ)
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years
- We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once you have completed your Level 3 apprenticeship then a permanent position will be available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.