Engineering Apprentice Plater - Product Design Apprenticeship Spiro -Gills Thermal Products
Spiro-Gills is a fast-growing company, based in Stafford. They are looking to recruit a engineering plater apprentice through the Engineering Technician Level 3 Product Design pathway. Please see full job description.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
21 Oct 2023
06 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn and practice all elements of health & safety across the company
- Read, work to and understand engineering drawings once trained
- Safely operate various machines that they would be responsible for
- Learn basic welding techniques to enable apprentices to use tack up techniques
- Oxy acetylene cutting
- Build a steel fabrication from engineering drawings
- Work to deadlines
- Practice and operate machinery safely
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- The successful candidate will be required to attend the training centre, In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, Walsall) 2.5 days per week for the first two years as part of the training.
Training at college will include the following:
- Complying with statutory regulations & organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Conducting business improvement techniques (covered in induction)
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Preparing & using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing & using milling machines
- General welding applications
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Assembling & testing fluid power systems
- Wiring and testing electrical equipment circuits
- Maintaining electrical equipment & systems
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further training will be offered to the correct candidate, once this qualification has been achieved.
Goal setting and a transparent career pathway will be discussed and adhered to.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.