Are you looking to start a career as a teaching assistant? This role will give you the skills and knowledge that will enable you to work as part of team that supports students to achieve their full potential. If you live the phrase "Be the best you can" we want to hear from you. You will assess the needs of students and use skills to support students’ learning.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Please note this role is term time only. The pro rata salary for this role is £8,400.48 will be paid evenly over 12 months although you will only work 39 weeks each year.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
09 Nov 2023
06 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Support for students:
- Assess the needs of students and use skills to support students’ learning
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Support the implementation of SEND plans
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement
Support for Teachers and Curriculum:
- Manage appropriate learning environments and resources
- Within an agreed system of supervision, plan teaching and learning objectives
- Monitor and evaluate student responses to learning activities
- Provide feedback and reports as required on student achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Record progress and achievement in lessons/activities
- Work within the academy behaviour policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
- Supporting the role of parents in students’ learning and contribute to meetings with parents to provide feedback on student progress/achievement etc.
- Support interventions 1:1 or small groups as per student SEND plans
- Use ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use
- Select and prepare resources necessary to lead learning activities, taking account of students’ interests and language and cultural backgrounds
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of students
- To comply with the Academy policies and procedures at all times
- At all times the post holder must adhere to professional business standards of dress, courtesy and efficiency in line with the ethos of the Academy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme is delivered via a 12-week evening session to cover the knowledge element of this apprenticeship. your attendance is required at our Derby Road Campus, NG18.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be progression opportunities with this employer upon successful completion of this level 3 apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
Samworth Church Academy
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.