Apprentice Administration Assistant Level 2 at Pennine Wealth Management in Holmfirth Pennine Wealth Management
This is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop. The role will support the administration function for the company and will include general office duties. Due to the nature of this position, it requires a candidate to have a high standard of written skills and excellent attention to detail. Duties include answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
The salary is negotiable and may also increase after a probationary period; your contract will include paid time to study.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
05 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include various administration duties but with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas;
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Liaising in a professional manner, with clients internal and external
- File management, retrieving information and collating data
- Working well under pressure
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake clerical duties including filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Office Software Packages – Word and Excel
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Maintain a tidy working environment
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and re-ordering as and when appropriate
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation.
Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers. The duration of the training programme is up to 15 months.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Attention to detail
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will have to evidence achievement of maths and English 4/C or above or Key Skills at Level or 2.
You will complete an End Point Assessment; this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
You are given paid time off to study; you will attend classes face to face and via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship.
The study day is a Wednesday at Kirklees College in Huddersfield.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position will be available following successful completion of the apprenticeship training and satisfactory employment. There is also an opportunity of progressing on to another apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent English (Grade D or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Business Level 2 or 3 (Grade Pass Merit or Distinction) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.