Apprentice Office Administrator L2 with Woodcock & Wilson Ltd based in Crosland Moor WOODCOCK & WILSON LTD
A fantastic opportunity to work for our company has arisen. We are celebrating 50 years of engineering excellence. We also are the World’s first triple Ex certified fan manufacturer. You will be an important part of our customer service team. You will learn and grow within the organisation for career advancement.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2023
The starting rate may be negotiable, this will be dependent upon experience.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
04 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Why choose Woodcock & Wilson for your Apprenticeship course?
- Excellent career development with an established and reputable business
- A positive and inclusive company culture
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Modern technology and tools
- Life insurance and company pension contributions
- Weekly Fruit basket and quarterly company meals-out
- Corporate merchandise including clothing and water bottles
- Free Sovereign Health Care cover, which provides money back for employees for certain health issues and covers a variety of things such as dentist visits, optician fees, glasses to sports massage
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Reception and Front Desk Duties: greeting visitors, visitor inductions, answering calls, directing enquiries
- Data Entry and Record Keeping: inputting data into computer systems, maintaining databases, assist with production scheduling, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Document Control: overseeing the document system, version control, assist in the review and approval process for documents, ensure documents are distributed correctly, track and monitor progress status
- Assisting with Meetings and Events: Help in setting up meeting rooms, events, sending invitations, coordinating catering services, preparing materials, arranging refreshments
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development, the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all inductions, lessons and work-based training / support sessions
- Complete all required assignments by the required timeline
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going
- Access support from your tutor / assessor and from your manager as and when required
You are given one day per week as time off to study, you will be required to attend face to face taught classes at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre, there will also be reviews conducted via Teams. The study day is a Wednesday.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Overview of Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard:
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude:
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality - treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation - dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Showcase / Portfolio
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be an opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Business Administrator subject to satisfactory employment and completion of this apprenticeship
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a full time position subject to satisfactory employment and achievement of the apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
BTEC or equivalent ICT (Grade Pass Merit or Distinction) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.