Central Operations Apprentice Cheshire College - South & West
Cheshire College South & West has a dynamic role available; this is a unique opportunity to work with the work-based learning department. We are seeking someone who is highly motivated, with a keen eye for detail who enjoys a challenge. Planning and organising allocated tasks, set up and maintain spreadsheets.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Benefits include 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and • Access to world-class facilities • Extensive upskilling opportunities • Onsite fitness and childcare facilities • Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
30 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
(1) Contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the Business Development & Apprenticeships Department
(2) Show initiative in planning and organising allocated tasks
(3) Enter, retrieve and print data in a database
(4) Set up and maintain spreadsheets
(5) Communicate information in person in addition to using telephone, letter and e-mail
(6) Photocopy, present and distribute complex documents
(7) Produce and distribute mail merge documents
(8) Prepare and print documents using information technology
(9) Provide excellent and effective customer service
(10) Receive and assist visitors
(11) Record store and supply information using paper-based filing systems
(12) Respond to internal and external telephone enquires
(13) Assist in the co-ordination of mail services
(14) Maintain and issue stock items
(15) Participate in College enrolment days, open days and other similar events
(16) Attend appropriate meetings, take notes and action recommendations
Generic Duties and Responsibilities:
(17) Promote a culture of innovation, excellence and equality
(18) Reflect the vision, mission and values of the college
(19) Contribute to the development of and ensure compliance with all College policies, procedures and agreements.
(20) To actively contribute to the risk management of the College.
(21) To positively promote and implement the College’s strategies on equality, diversity, safeguarding.
(22) Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development and the changing needs of the College and its environment
(23) Be aware of, and responsive to, the changing nature of the College and adopt a flexible and proactive approach to work
(24) Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required commensurate with this grade, at the initial agreed place of work or at other locations in the College catchment area
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full training will be provided on:
- All Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
- Training will be provided on bespoke software such as Pro Solution, Pro Engage & Strata
- Successful candidates will complete a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship.
- Training in Functional Skills maths & English (as required)
The apprenticeship includes a minimum of 6 hours training per week. This will be planned out with the successful applicant at the start of their apprenticeship.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression is available within the work-based learning department, or within other areas of the college.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.