The number one goal of everyone in our team is to make our clients exceptionally happy. The Apprentice Helpdesk Technician plays an important role in making sure that happens. The Apprentice Helpdesk Technician handles the first level support requests that come in from our clients.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
26 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Apprentice Helpdesk Technician handles the first level support requests that come in from our Clients. They are the first to touch a helpdesk ticket and make sure that the issued is handled quickly and the Client is informed of what to expect every step of the way.
When help is needed the Apprentice Helpdesk Technician can get help from or escalate issues to other members in Service Delivery Team.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Providing a first point of contact for customers through our helpdesk, be that via phone, email or ticket
- Delight our Clients with a Friendly, Quick and Helpful Experience
- Provide the Client with basic remote troubleshooting
Use of our Ticketing System:
- Use our Ticketing System to work on and resolve Helpdesk Tickets & Service Requests
- Managing and recording all work though our Ticketing System
- Make sure that Client Documentation is well maintained
- Split tickets that have several issues into their own individual ticket
- Make sure that tickets aren’t “stale” throughout the process
Use of our Monitoring & Mnagement Tool:
- Review RMM dashboard and apply remediation actions as indicated by our Processes
- Review regularly scheduled/automated actions as indicated by our Processes
- From time to time the projects team will need additional resource to help deliver projects either on site or remotely. When opportunities arise the Junior / L1 Technician may be required to help with project delivery
Communication, Reporting & Risk:
- Escalate tickets that require Senior Helpdesk Engineer support
- Communicate to the client the status of their ticket every step of the way, notify them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Submit Timesheets & Expense reports as indicated on their SOPs
- Identify, Communicate and Mitigate potential risks to the Service Delivery Manager and Clients
- Follow the schedule provided by the Service Delivery Manager or Service Coordinator / Dispatcher
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for daily / weekly recurring tasks
- Follow all our Security Procedures and Keeping a Vigilant Eye for Security Issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Contribute to the process of innovative change effectively
- Undertake other duties as required by the Service Delivery Coordinator, Service Delivery Manager or CTO
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- IT solutions Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For someone looking to progress their role, the Apprentice Helpdesk Technician naturally leads into roles such as: the Senior Helpdesk Technician, Network Engineer, Solutions Architect, Account Manager
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4 (or equivalent)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ALTHAUS DIGITAL LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.