Manor House Nursing Home are looking to hire an administrator apprentice to to provide a friendly, professional and efficient reception service for enquirers, residents, staff and visitors to the Home. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
20 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To ensure a tidy, safe and welcoming environment in the home reception/ lounge area. Including emptying waste bins.
- Booking appointments for visitors
- Scanning and archiving documents
- Ensure all staff are PCR tested weekly and maintain accurate data
- Ensure all admissions and discharges are accurately recorded
- To meet and greet visitors, ensuring that signing in procedures are adhered to, including any relevant covid testing measures and inform relevant person(s) of their arrival.
- To ensure refreshments are supplied at all meetings, cups are washed and put away appropriately in reception cupboard.
- To answer all incoming telephone calls, passing on promptly to relevant personnel.
- To answer doorbell to all visitors to the home.
- Keep a record of all meetings in the office diary and ensure meeting room is booked appropriately.
- To book training room for all training events. Ensuring the key is kept in reception at all times.
- To ensure all training correspondence are sent to staff a month before the training is due. Including posters across site, ensuring all training delegates have signed in and the data is passed to HR admin.
- To take clear, accurate messages and ensure these are passed on promptly to relevant personnel.
- To log and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis
- To take receipt of deliveries and distribute accordingly.
- To undertake administrative tasks and general typing and editing of documents as directed by the Registered Manager
- To support HR Administrator as requested.
- To keep a stock check of staff and agency uniforms.
- To ensure all stationery orders are processed to Finance Manager.
- To ensure flowers and cards are purchased for all residents arriving or leaving the home.
- Update nominal role including occupancy list. Update office board and ensure admin staff have a copy.
- To ensure all staff receive a birthday card and gift on their birthday.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure personal compliance with company policies and procedures.
This job description is not exhaustive or restrictive. The postholder may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to their grade and any reasonable request made by the Finance Manager or Registered Manager. The job description is subject to periodic reviews.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- You will spend four days a week in the workplace and one day a week at Stafford College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to apply for any appropriate vacancy available at that time. It is our firm commitment to offer a permanent position wherever possible upon completion.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
The Apprenticeship Hub
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.