Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive team. You will be part of a wider team providing reception, clerical and admin support. We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive, and motivated candidate, who can demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills to join us.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
19 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an essential and demanding role, providing a welcoming, courteous, friendly and professional service to staff and visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
The successful candidate will assist the team to access information – meeting and greeting, filing and scanning, booking rooms and transport. They will provide a range of administration duties, utilising Microsoft systems, basic computer skills are therefore essential.
The course provides excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and real business experience from day one. As a Administration apprentice your exact duties will vary depending on what work area you are based within. Apprenticeships combine on-the-job (workplace) and off-the-job (learning provider) training; on-the-job learning is time spent at work, developing skills and gathering evidence towards a work-based qualification. The off-the-job learning is time spent working towards the required knowledge and skills.
Summar Job Description:
- General administrative and clerical support.
- Answer telephone; deal with queries and direct calls.
- Preparing and updating files in a provided format and entering data in IT based system.
- Tracking tasks to agreed timescales.
- Prepare letters and emails as directed.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
- Recording and monitoring data.
- General duties will include typing of correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, memos, emails, diary management, placing orders as required for stationery or equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, Training and Experience:
- Apprentices will follow the designated programme attached to the customer service role and will attend in-house underpinning knowledge sessions.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with staff from all disciplines.
- You will meet patients / visitors.
Policy and Service Development:
- Follows policies in own role.
- Employees have a duty to take responsible care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their activities.
- To co-operate with their work area by complying with all health and safety rules and safe systems or work; and to inform their line manager of any work situation, or practice which may be considered a danger.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
- All training will be delivered in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to secure a role within Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust on successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.