Apprentice Information Communications Technician IPSWICH COMPUTER SERVICES LTD
The role is within the support team alongside current senior engineers. We have 8 engineers covering over 150 customers and you have the opportunity to get involved with an array of jobs from desktop features to enterprise servers. You will get first-hand experience in cloud technologies, cyber security and project planning and installations.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
15 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide 1st Line support via telephone and remote software to customers
- Diagnosing and resolving where possible or escalating accordingly
- Updating company systems, opening/closing and following up on events/jobs
- Managing Customer IT documentation
- To proactively be aware of security and compliance and raising issues where appropriate
- To undertake any other related duties consistent with the post as directed by management
Although these are not exhaustive day-to-day tasks, each day is different and you will be working in a support department alongside all levels of support engineer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will complete the Information Communications Technician Level 3 qualification.
- Functional Skills Level 2 for Maths and English are also available to take alongside the apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We would be looking to keep the apprentices on as full-time engineers should they complete the program
- On completion, a job offer would be made with a review of pay and responsibilities along with future path within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
W S TRAINING LTD.
The Apprenticeship Team
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.