Administrative Assistant Apprentice SECURITY WISE LIMITED
The administration apprenticeship role assists with a mix of daily tasks and ad-hoc requests as and when the need arises including keeping abreast with company news in order to keep website and social media platforms up-to-date and processing contract cancellations and new ownerships. The successful applicant will spend time with each team across the business learning their processes and understanding how we all work together to deliver an efficient and effective service for our clients and business users.
Closing date: today
Annual salary review, 20 days holiday and an added birthday holiday, training, development and career progression opportunities, fully funded recognised training and qualifications, on-site free parking, company social events, eyecare scheme
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Oct 2023
09 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to Day tasks will include;
- Incoming calls – first to answer main office phone in an efficient and pleasant manner. Transfer calls to relevant department, take messages etc
- Scanning & shredding – all documents produced by office to be scanned and filed in relevant folders on datafile. All scanned documents to be shredded to regular intervals
- Email monitoring – responsible for monitoring all email traffic to and from email@example.com. Emails forwarded to relevant department in a timely fashion
- Supplier questionnaire forms
- Ensure that incoming post is received, scanned and directed to the correct recipient
- Ensure that outgoing mail is distributed including printing and franking of outgoing post including parcels; special and recorded delivery mail
- Insurance & compliance – to ensure all insurances, licenses are up to date. / To give notice to directors when due to expire
- Deal efficiently with change of database updates, on various platforms
- Processing contract cancellations and new ownerships
- Collate stationary orders with relevant colleagues across the business
- Monthly extract of renewal invoices, ensuring order numbers are obtained where necessary
- Produce maintenance contracts for both new and existing customers
- Keeping abreast with company news in order to keep website and social media platforms up-to-date
- To provide cover basis in other departments on an ad hoc basis.
- To communicate efficiently and effectively with colleagues, verbally and by e-mail
- To commit to ongoing personal and professional development
- To perform additional duties within scope of role and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be completing the Level 3 Business Administrator Advanced Apprenticeship Standard with SBC Training, Shrewsbury.
The business administration apprenticeship is designed to equip participants with the fundamentals required to work in any business environment. The programme is delivered using a blend of online, anytime learning and expert-led classroom training covering core topics.
Functional Skills if required.
Throughout this apprenticeship, participants will be supported by tutors who have worked in a business environment and have gained many years of experience and who can truly support them to develop the skills and knowledge required to work in a wide range of administrative roles.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of the apprenticeship, is for the right person to join the team in a permanent administration role undertaking the full range of administration work throughout the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SBC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.