Transport office business administration apprentice GEORGE TAYLOR & CO LIFTING GEAR (MIDLANDS)LTD
Daily duties will include ensuring goods are despatched when required, check customer status, check stock, liaise with sales department relating to any anomalies. You will pass picking list to warehouse for packing and liaise with warehouse personnel and check overdue orders against shipment reports. Please see full job description.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Must be 18+ due to working hours being over 40 per week. We offer 28 days paid holiday per year (including Bank holidays) and package includes Company Pension and Personal Health Plan.
Total hours per week: 41.25
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
07 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will involve:
- Ensuring the health & safety of yourself and your colleagues is of paramount importance in carrying out your duties
- Ensuring good are despatched when required
- Checking customer status, check stock, liaise with sales department rleating to any anomolies
- Pass picking list to warehouse for packing and liaise with warehouse personnel regarding problem orders or special requirements
- Check overdue orders against shipment reports and pass picking list to warehouse once the shipment has bee booked in
- Obtain proof of delivery upon customer request
- Chase carriers regarding late / lost deliveries and liaise with the sales department
- Ensure local delivery drivers have correct paperwork for deliveries and collections
- Input packing information from picking lists onto carrier's website to produce labels
- Complete the despatch procedure for each order
- Pass delivery notes, test certificates and labels to warehouse
- Arrange collection of good via carriers
- Work and assist as directed
- Print off the carrier's manifest and price up each consignment sent
- Ensuring test certificates owing report is generated and checked for missing certificates
- Chase suppliers for missing test certificates
- Test certificate input - check stock received against information on the test certificate and enter onto the system
- Checking / passing purchase invoices
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- 20% off the job training - at In-Comm Training WS9 8UG
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time role upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.