This apprenticeship in dental nursing is an 18-month government funded course in which you will achieve a City & Guilds (Level 3) Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing. Duties include: assisting the dentist, sterilising equipment, reception and any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Oct 2023
30 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be providing efficient and reliable chair-side support to practice clinicians.
The role will also require working in other areas of the practice such as:
- Dealing with patient queries
- Answering the phone
- Taking payments and booking appointments.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This qualification is a level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered nationwide through blended interactive E-Learning, enabling learners to access the course from anywhere in the UK.
- Upon achievement the apprentice will be awarded a Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3.
- Functional Skills English & Maths level 2 qualifications unless already exempt.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager.
- With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work.
- You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums.
- You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TEMP DENT DENTAL AGENCY LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.