Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship RE-DEC PAINTING & DECORATING LTD
Re-dec are looking for a Painter and Decorator Apprentice. This is a 36-month apprenticeship and training will be delivered both on the job and off the job through Hull Training. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join the company and gain a qualification in Painting.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday. Hours to be confirmed at interview.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
17 Jul 2023
25 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out a range of external and internal painting and redecoration tasks
- Prepare and clean surfaces using handheld power tools and the appropriate methods. This could include scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, steam cleaning, and burning off loose paint; repairing cracks and holes in the walls, joinery by applying fillers/ sealant
- Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product
- Complete records as required
- Liaise and work with all other trades providing technical advice as and when required
- To self-manage and audit all work carried out in agreement with the Project Manager
- Policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- To work safely at heights, internally and externally using appropriate access equipment such as a tower scaffold
- To maintain at all times a pleasant and courteous demeanour and give excellent customer service
- To highlight any areas of safety or decorative concern that might impact on a safe and healthy environment for service users
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Painting and Decorator Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths & English (if needed).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment upon completion
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4 or above) Desired
About the employer
RE-DEC PAINTING & DECORATING LTD
BRIGHTON STREET INDUSTRIAL EST
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.