Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Yealmpstone Farm Primary School
Yealmpstone Farm Primary School is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school located at the heart of Plympton. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed Teaching Assistant apprentice. You will assist in getting the classroom ready for lessons. The ideal candidate will be hard working, resilient, friendly and outgoing. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
20 Oct 2023
25 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Yealmpstone Farm Primary is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school located in Plympton.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Teaching Assistant apprentice to join our team working across the school. The ideal candidate will be hard working, resilient, friendly and outgoing. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning and development and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Assist in getting the classroom ready for lessons and clearing away afterwards so as to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Assisting teachers in preparing the lesson materials and school equipment.
- Recording and reporting a pupil’s progress to the teacher.
- Helping pupils stay focused during class hours.
- Supervising group activities, sports events and school outings.
- Helping teachers manage student behaviour.
- Looking after children who are unwell or upset.
- Providing a healthy and safe learning environment for children.
- Be able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults.
- Be eager to work collaboratively in a wider team, adaptable and open to new ideas and practices.
- Be a fast and highly flexible thinker, being able to deal with change and unpredictability positively with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- An interest in SEND pupils and pupil wellbeing would be advantageous.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On our 15 -18 month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be the potential for employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9(A*-C)) Essential
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.