Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship - St Joseph's Specialist Trust (SEN) INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
If you love to support young people and make a difference, this is your chance to take your first steps into the classroom. The successful apprentice teaching assistant will inspire students with additional needs. You will ensure that all students with additional needs both academic and medical are supported both in and out of the classroom.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
**Benefits** • Eligible for an NUS card for discounts in shops and restaurants • Eligible for an apprenticeship oyster card • Automatic rise in pay after 1 year • Paid twice a month
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
24 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist with the development and implementation of individual education / behaviour / support / mentoring plans
- To promote good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with policy and encouraging students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Attend to the students’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes including social, health, physical, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support students, ensuring their safety and access to learning, including on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Establish good relationships with students, providing relevant pastoral support, and acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others and to engage in all activities
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs, promoting independence and employing strategies to recognise and reward
- Receive and supervise students excluded from or otherwise not working to a normal timetable
- Provide appropriate feedback to students relating to their progress and achievement
- Support students to understand instructions and assist them in accessing learning activities through specialist support
- Support students in respect of local and national learning strategies, e.g. literacy, numeracy, key stage etc. as directed by the teacher
- Implement agreed learning activities / teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to student responses / needs
- To administer and assess routine tests and invigilate exams / tests
- Support students in using basic ICT developing students’ competence and independence in its use
- To undertake planned supervision of students out of school hours learning activities
- Determine the need for, prepare and maintain general and specialist equipment and resources and assist students in their use
- Inspire ATA Ltd is acting as a Flexi-Job Apprenticeship Agency and will engage you for the duration of the apprenticeship and pay your salary. You should be aware that St Joseph's Specialist Trust (SEN) - is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. Your placement may change during the course of your apprenticeship
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards your Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Support and guidance of mentors in the workplace (St Josephs Specialist Trust).
Functional skills if required.
Training provider (LMP Education) typically completing online training modules / classes 1 day per week around working hours, with an LMP tutor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression into full-time employment for the right applicant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.