Accounts Assistant Apprentice FRANKLIN HODGE INDUSTRIES LIMITED
We have an exciting prospect for a candidate who is eager to learn, grow, and gain experience. Our Accounts Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship provides a fantastic opportunity to gain practical knowledge and experience in financial management, business analysis, and accounting. The role involves to review and process all resolved queries. Respond to any queries from suppliers on the status of invoices and follow up as necessary.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Auto-enrolment pension scheme – Employer & Employee contributions 4% each, totalling 8% 25 days holiday, plus recognised statutory days per holiday year (January to December) Company-paid membership to Health Cash Plan.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Exact shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
19 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice at Franklin Hodge Industries, you will play a crucial role in supporting our small, but busy finance team while working towards achieving your AAT Level 2 qualification.
You'll work alongside experienced professionals who will mentor you and provide guidance to develop your skills and knowledge.
The 18-month apprenticeship programme includes a blend of on-the-job training and a combination of remote and face-to-face learning on a day release basis, giving you the opportunity to gain practical experience and theoretical knowledge in finance.
- To work actively and enthusiastically towards successfully achieving the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification
- To complete any tasks assigned by HWGTA (apprenticeship training provider) or any other training provider to support your apprenticeship
Process of purchase ledger
- Match any invoices to receipted purchase orders within Sage
- Digitally attach all purchase invoices to transactions within Sage
- Post-purchase invoices are “disputed” because of any queries about values/receipts
- Circulate disputed invoice report on a weekly basis
- Review and process all resolved queries
- Respond to any queries from suppliers on the status of invoices and follow up as necessary
- Escalate any issues advised by the operations team
- Keep accounts inbox organised
- Process received new supplier forms with new account set up
Reconciliation of statements
- Review all statements received from suppliers and reconcile to Sage ledgers
- Compare disputed invoice report
- Request copies of all missing invoices
Preparation of pay runs
- Plan payment runs on a weekly basis to adhere to supplier payment terms as best as possible
- Upload payments to Barclays bank for authorisation
- Email remittance advice to suppliers
- Manually enter into sage any foreign currency payments made.
- Periodically highlight any invoices which are on short payment terms (sub 30 days) for review
- Process any petty cash payments required
- Notify when extra petty cash is required to maintain a level in tin
- Processing factory timesheets for work orders only on a weekly basis
- To cover credit control for short holiday periods
- Assist admin team with project processing during busy periods
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Accounts or finance assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Formal training is delivered at HWGTA, located in Hereford (HR4 9SX)
- You will receive training one day per week which is a combination of face-to-face and remote, as per your assigned training plan
Additional training for functional skills in English and Maths will be undertaken if needed
- You will receive monthly visits from your assigned Learning and Development Specialist, who will set you work, monitor your development and wellbeing, and discuss training sessions
- They will also prepare you for your End Point Assessment to gain your Accounts/Finance Assistant Level 2 qualification
- There is also a five-day teambuilding residential trip that is held in the spring of each year offered to all apprentices on programme
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Further career development prospects with funded learning options, including support with exams, and internal and external learning and development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-5/A*-B) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FRANKLIN HODGE INDUSTRIES LIMITED
Westfields Trading Estate
HEREFORDSHIRE AND WORCESTERSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.