Accounts Apprentice - Level 2 SHOOT THE MOON LTD
You will be responsible for invoice queries to ensure accurate and timely payment of all purchase invoices. You will also support to produce VAT returns and management accounts by assisting in balance sheet reconciliations. You will have the opportunity to participate in a project in line with our goal of creating an environment of improvement.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2023
£14,000 pa (will increase regularly with progression)
36.5 Monday to Friday (Study time included).
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
19 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a candidate who is interested in a career in finance, has good attention to detail, strong IT skills, can work to deadlines and is looking for a role in which they can progress. As an apprentice you will receive full training and support.
The role involves being responsible for invoice queries to ensure accurate and timely payment of all purchase invoices. The position also supports the finance team to produce VAT returns and management accounts by assisting in daily, monthly and annual balance sheet reconciliations. You will also have the opportunity to participate in project work in line with our aspiration of creating an environment of continuous improvement.
- Purchase invoice processing
- Processing expense requests
- Credit control
- Maintaining the company purchase and sales ledgers
- Banks reconciliation
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- Raising sales invoices
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers
- Basic administration
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation
Adherence to standasrds and proceedures:
- Use of all standard Centre of Excellence and group systems and adherence to standards and procedures, including the update of Synergist
2. Represent the centre of Excellence, Group and individual group agency brands (including networking) in accordance with brand standards and organisational standards.
- All other duties as required by the group
- All the above (including section main duties) to be in the best interests of and in line with, overall group strategy
- Flexible attitude with regards to normal hours of work when heavy workload dictates
- Cover the essential duties of the team during periods of absence and holidays
- Take responsibility for workload priorities when faced with a heavy workload
Training and development:
1. Participate in the company’s appraisal process
2. Carry out training and development of others as and when required.
3. Identify your own training needs and discuss these with your line manager
4. Undertake any necessary training and development which leads to increased knowledge and skill, as agreed with your line manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Accounts/Finance Assistant Apprenticeship standard
*Please note to gain this qualification you will be required to attend Future Skills college for 1 day per week for apprenticeship training. Apprentices will be paid for their time spent learning in college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time/perm role available upon completion of the apprenticeship. Possibility of further training/development opportunities for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOOT THE MOON LTD
20 SWAN STREET
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.