Early Years Care Apprentice Birmingham City Council
As part of strengthening our Early Years provision, we are looking for three apprentices to complement our teacher and teaching assistant teams. The apprentices will be supporting children and staff with all areas of teaching and learning, under the direction of our teachers.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
£10,021.44 to £19,777.16
Pro Rata (Term Time Only)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
5 days (Mon - Fri) 8:20 - 16:00 (including 30 mins lunch) Term time only
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
10 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting staff with preparation for teaching, including the creation and maintenance of EY indoor and outdoor areas.
- Supporting children with transitions, particularly at the start of the day.
- Supporting indoor and outdoor continuous provision.
- Acting as the highest standard of role model in language, behaviour and presentation.
- Providing feedback to teachers about the progress of children in relation to the EYFSP.
- Developing positive and professional relationships with parents and families.
- Working as part of a busy, effective team, showing initiative whilst adhering to school policies.
- Working in line with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
- General housekeeping duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NVQ Level 2 in Early Years Care
- Functional Skills, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A possible full-time role offered or a Level 3 progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Birmingham City Council
P.T.P. TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.