Sales Apprentice ARCELORMITTAL DISTRIBUTION SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED
Support the Sales team to ensure that the administrative processes required to fulfil customer orders are efficiently dealt with. Tasks include engaging with new customers and contacts, and working closely with designated sales executives supporting them in customer relationships and the recruitment of business.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Year 1: NMW (min. £7.49 currently) Year 2: NMW + 15%
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm. (60 minute unpaid lunch each day)
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
09 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Follow the AMDS Health & Safety policies and procedures reporting any safety issues or breaches of the rules
- Assist with the collation of Test Certificates daily
- Raise sales orders and pass onto production planning for allocation and planning
- Work closely with designated sales executives supporting them in customer relationships and the recruitment of business
- Engaging with new customers and contacts
- Ensure that the administrative processes required to fulfil customer orders is organised and carried out efficiently i.e., orders, reply to enquiries related to lead times and stocks whenever appropriate
- Highlight to line manager any stock problems that arise
- Check that all documentation / information received from the customer is clear, precise and acceptable in terms of quantity, size/gauge, specifications, price, delivery dates etc.
- Follow all the requirements of quality standards as they apply to the role
- Any other duties as required by the business
- Good Personal presentation, honest, polite and friendly character
- Excellent communicator with good personable skills
- Strong administration, communication and organisational skills.
- Computer proficient with Excel and Word
- Mathematics GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 – Mandatory
- English GCSE Grade C or Grade 4 – Mandatory
- Other GCSE’s / A Levels advantageous
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- All training and learning to be delivered on site
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Sales Executive position - Long Term
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ARCELORMITTAL DISTRIBUTION SOLUTIONS UK LIMITED
ArcelorMittal Distribution Solutions UK Ltd
Highfield Road Little Hulton
SKILLS TRAINING UK LIMITED
01922 660 546
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.