Apprentice Customer Service and Administration Assistant - Level 2 IAN FIRTH HARDWARE LTD
This is a great opportunity for the right person to join a fast paced, successful business undertaking various business and customer related tasks. You’ll be joining a small team who work hard, enjoy working together and are experienced and ready to impart their knowledge to someone who is ready and keen to learn.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
The rate of pay may be negotiable, this will be dependent upon experience
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday - 8.45am-5.30pm - 1-hour unpaid lunch).
Total hours per week: 37.25
Possible start date
05 Jul 2023
09 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Founded in 1982, Ian Firth Hardware Ltd is a privately owned business specialising in the manufacture, sales and distribution of residential doors, hardware and associated building products.
The directors and staff of the company are dedicated to offering a professional and helpful service to our valued customers. Senior management are involved in the day to day operation of the business, and qualified staff are available to give advice and technical support. The company is structured to give a first class service.
You’ll be part of "Our Team" helping the company serve our customers in the housebuilding sector, offering excellent products and first-class customer service.
Your role will involve:
- General administration work such as sorting, matching and filing.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, handling general enquiries and queries via phone/email and keeping customers updated on the progress of orders
- Liaising with other departments within the company such as production and transport to answer customer queries
- Reporting any customers complaints which may arise to our after sales team
- Checking own work as well as colleagues for accuracy
- Carrying out any reasonable tasks as requested by your Supervisor/Manager
Benefits. What we can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive team and working environment
Experienced staff who are able to impart their knowledge
- Holiday entitlement that starts at 20 days, plus Bank Holidays, rises each year of employment up to a maximum of 26 days per year
- Christmas shut-down (5 days of holiday entitlement plus 3 public holidays)
- Life Assurance Cover
- On site free staff parking
- Staff sale discounted rates on products
About you. We require you to be:
- Ready and willing to learn
- Able to work on your own initiative as well as under guidance.
- Demonstrate a high level of English skills e.g. grammatically correct emails
- Able to communicate well with your team as well as customers
- Be flexible to both business and industry changes
- Well organised and able to prioritise and multitask
- Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft Office suite of applications, and willingness to learn order processing systems such as Sage or SAP
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Level 2 Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard:
The standard covers the following:
- Behaviours and Attitude
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Showcase Portfolio
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion/Interview
The Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your contract of employment; you are provided with time to study at Kirklees College, Huddersfield - the study day is on a Wednesday.
The apprenticeship programme will help your personal and professional development, the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments
- Build up your portfolio of evidence
- Access support from your tutor / assessor and manager as and when required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may also be progression opportunities to complete the Apprenticeship Business Administrator or Customer Service Level 3, following successful completion of the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
Also strong possibility of full-time employment subject to satisfactory employment and achievement of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Business (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent ICT (Grade Pass, Merit or Distinction) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
IAN FIRTH HARDWARE LTD
LADY ANN HOUSE
SHAW CROSS BUSINESS PARK
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.