Finance Apprentice SCOTT DUNN LIMITED
The role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining and improving finance administrative services, predominantly within the finance business partnering team.
Closing date: today
£18,000 - £21,000 pa
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
05 Jun 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the transactional finance manager, the finance apprentice will provide a wide range of transactional support to the Scott Dunn finance team. This is inclusive of (but no limited to) posting supplier invoices and dealing with accounts payable related queries and transactions, as well as general banking responsibilities related to our guest and supplier opportunities.
Accounts Payable/Supplier Payments:
- Work with the travel consultants to ensure all invoices are correctly input onto the reservation system
- Assist with the weekly multi-currency payment runs
- Resolve supplier queries as required
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations
- Process ad-hoc payments as required
- Raising supplier commission and marketing invoices
- Ensuring prompt payment from commission invoices
- Chase up any supplier refunds and credit notes
- Confirm changes of bank details verbally with suppliers
- Check daily bank transfers and log on the reservation system
- Investigate unreconciled receipts
- Upload bank statements into finance system (SUN)
- Processing of direct debit payments and invoices
- Month end reconciliations
Credit Cards: (Expenses)
- Load and transfer balances on prepaid cards as required
- Investigate discrepancies/missing information and communicate with relevant people
- Code credit card statements ready for posting
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Occupation: Assistant Accountant Level 3
Typical job titles:
Assistant Accountant / Trainee Accounting Technician / Accounts Clerk / Cashier Finance Assistant / Purchase Ledger Clerk / Sales Ledger Clerk
An assistant accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within practise or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in the day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements. In addition, the assistant accountant may find themselves involved in regulatory financial requirements such as the completion of VAT returns or assisting in the preparation of tax computations.
Individual employers set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include 5 GCSEs, including maths and English, although some employers will accept other relevant qualifications and experience, including a relevant Level 2 qualification. Apprentices without English or maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time job role on completion
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SCOTT DUNN LIMITED
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.