Accounts Assistant Apprentice MENSIS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Mensis Professional Services are looking for an Accounts Assistant Apprentice to carry out bookkeeping duties in our Accounts Department. They will also collaborate with our Tax and Payroll departments. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2023
Salary – Apprenticeship minimum wage but starting at the April 2023 rate of £5.28 per hour
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Thursday, 9.00am - 5.00pm and Friday, 9.00am - 4.00pm. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 34.0
Possible start date
17 Jul 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Processing client transactions
- Producing monthly management accounts
- Completing and filing VAT and CIS returns
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Administering fixed assets
- Completing journals
- Liaising with all clients
- Using Cloud accounting software, including Quickbooks, Xero and Sage
- Maintaining practice records and management information
- Anything else required by the business.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
SGS has elected to deliver the on-programme learning using the Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2.
AAT as the lead awarding organisation for accounting have been involved in the development of the apprenticeship Standard and have mapped the diplomas to the Standard. Advantages of using the
Certificate as the delivery model for the Apprenticeship Standard:
- A structured, proven training programme that equips the candidate with the skillset required for the industry
- Thorough mapping against the Standard ensuring all skills, knowledge and behaviours are covered
- Achievement of an industry-recognised accounting technical qualification
- Provides a platform for progress tracking
- Prepares the candidate for End Point Assessment with AAT
- Provides a basis for progression
- External quality assurance through an Ofqual regulated awarding organisation
- An appeals and redress process with the awarding organisation
- Attendance at weekly classes for each module is mandatory for all apprentices at our Filton Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprentice may be able to progress up to the next level upon completion of this apprenticeship. This may not necessary be with this employer as it will depend on the need of the business at the time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MENSIS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
1 MARYBROOK STREET
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Cath Tuckfield, Practice Manager,
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.