Early years Practitioner apprentice TINA'S TOTS LTD
This opportunity is to work alongside experienced members of staff while learning to provide care for the children. You will receive full support of your apprenticeship training and any chance for internal opportunities.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, variable hours, between 30 and 40 hours a week, no later than 6.00pm, with only the odd weekend for events.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Care for the needs of children aged between 6 months to 5 years old
- Guide, teach, extend and develop play and learning for children
- Help to provide a suitable, stimulating and purposeful indoor and outdoor environment
- Provide activities that are engaging, purposeful and fun for children
- Clean and maintain room and resources
- Provide intimate care for children, assisting with changing clothes, feeding, changing nappies, wiping noises etc.
- Follow policies and procedures set by the nursery
- Use Tapestry to complete care diaries and observations
- Attend out of hours Events relating to the nursery such as summer fair, Christmas fair, fundraisers etc
- Ensure all children are recorded as arrived within the room and the numbers are kept updated according to children inside, outside or leaving the building
- Engage in our deeper knowledge programme for apprentices
- Adhere to the staff code of conduct e.g. punctuality, uniform, presentation, respect and professionalism
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 2 Apprenticeship is delivered in partnership with the workplace you will be expected to attend college 1 day a month, where you will gain knowledge and understanding of the working within the early years sector.
You will develop skills on the job where you will be supported by a workplace mentor.
An Assessor from Leeds City College will visit you on a regular basis to support your learning journey.
The Apprenticeship framework comprises of:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
End point assessment:
- Multiple choice exam
- Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Continue to progress through the career ladder from L2 to L3
- In house promotions such as assistant room leader or room leader
- Specialised job positions such as SENCO assistant, 1:1 practitioner, first aid lead, health and safety, key worker
- Opportunities to experience the younger or older children dependant on where first placed
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-4 / A*-C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Leeds City College - Apprenticeship Team
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.