This pharmacy is developing and will include delivery of more clinical services. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications. As an apprentice you will be expected to achieve the qualification for the role. This will enable a more challenging and rewarding career. Duties are support with patient consultations, dispensing medicine and general admin work.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
£6.00 for 16-18 years old £7.00 for 19+
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dealing with over the counter and phone enquiries
- Use of the computer and the pharmacy specific software
- Checking off and unpacking orders
- Stock management
- Date checking of stock
- Processing NHS prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Pharmacy Services Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- In-house training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent role for the right person
- Further potential for other training such as a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.