Business Administrator Apprentice – HR/Training Team KUIT STEINART LEVY LLP
Kuits are looking to hire an Administrator to join their HR/Training team! This is an exciting role for any individual looking to join the law industry, at a company with a great family feel. You will also gain the business administration apprenticeship qualification. Provide support to the Systems Trainer by deputising in their absence for the induction of new staff and assisting with day to day system queries.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Discounted professional services Career development loan Enhanced pension contributions – 4% Death in service – 3x salary Employee assistance programme Flu vouchers Enhanced maternity and paternity pay 5% discretionary bonus
Monday to Friday / 9am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting directly to the HR Manager, you will undertake a range of administrative duties in support of the HR and Training functions. The role is split up into three parts, general administration, training and HR Team duties.
- In all dealings with clients and others, internally and externally, behave professionally, helpfully and courteously at all times and ensure the positive representation of the firm
- At all times comply with Kuits’ internal procedures as set out in the Office Manual and the Clerical Guide
- At all times comply with all relevant legislation and regulations as directed by the firm (eg client confidentiality, anti-money laundering, Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and The Law Society rules, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Data Protection Act, etc)
HR Team Duties:
- Recruitment support – placing of vacancies with agencies; co-ordinating interview arrangements; offer letters; reference checking; personnel file creation; co-ordinating induction timetables; assisting with inductions
- Payroll support – maintaining payroll folder; amending payroll accurately each month; checking correct amendments have been made before payroll deadline; handing out payslips and P45s; posting payslips/P45s;
- Maintaining the HR data base – updating personnel records with regards to personal details; absence; pay; working hours
- Filing and typing duties as required
- Solicitors – collate training contract application forms; assist in arranging assessment centres; assist in co-ordinating induction week; create equality and diversity spreadsheet at each stage in the recruitment process
- Communicate in a courteous and professional manner with clients, other contacts and internal staff on the telephone and by email, relaying messages and providing assistance where possible
- Co-ordinating probation reviews and advising training of remedial actions and diarising follow up
- Updating monthly reports – firm headcount; starters and leavers
- Flu Vaccinations – co-ordinate flu vaccinations; confirm number of vaccinations to flu fighters; organise meeting rooms; send appointments to staff;
- Collate salary benchmarks for annual salary reviews
- Provide support to the Systems Trainer by deputising in their absence for the induction of new staff and assisting with day to day system queries
- Booking of internal and external training courses for staff
- Providing administrative support to the Training function by document preparation and amendments as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Alongside your duties, you will also be studying towards the level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship, which includes learning from business administration specialists.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if not already achieved)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Training provided by the employer and online with The Apprentice Academy
- 1 to 1 coaching with experienced coach
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for permanent role if successful in apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/5) Essential
About the employer
KUIT STEINART LEVY LLP
3 St Marys Parsonage
THE APPRENTICE ACADEMY LIMITED
0161 200 1673
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.