Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship ROGERS GEOTECHNICAL SERVICES LTD
Rogers Geotechnical Services Ltd, is recruiting a Laboratory Technician to join their team. The role involves supporting site investigation specialists in offering ground investigation and geotechnical services. Alongside studying to achieve a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2023
Shift patterns: 8.30AM - 5.30PM (MON-FRI) No weekends 40 hours per week
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purpose of Job
To carry out routine laboratory tests and provide technical support to Engineers.
1. Set up scientific apparatus and prepare laboratory for testing, demonstration or other purposes.
2. Carry out routine testing in accordance with the relevant Standards, using specialized scientific equipment.
3. Prepare specimens of soil and rock for testing to appropriate standards.
4. Carry out prescribed measurements and analyses and ensure that conditions necessary for some tests are maintained.
6. Record and collate data from testing work and document all work carried out.
7. Sample handling and logging bench preparation and sample disposal
8. Data entry of testing results
9. Observe all requirements to maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
10. Any other duties required for the day to day running of the laboratory.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This role will include studying on the job for the gold standard Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship, which will qualify you in this role and give you eligibility to Registered Science Technician (R.Sci.Tech.) status. You’ll be earning as you learn. For more about what and how about the apprenticeship, go to www.credersi.com or ask the team.
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
Off the Job:
Training will be conducted remotely online. Unless specified by the employer for the off the job training to be online within the workplace. This will be delivered for 6 hours of the working week.
On the Job:
Training will be within the workplace for the rest of the working week at the location in Huddersfield, HD8 8LU.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Can progress into higher level roles such as technical manager and/or other development courses
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
ROGERS GEOTECHNICAL SERVICES LTD
OFFICES 1 & 2
BARNCLIFFE BUSINESS PARK
NEAR BANK SHELLEY
THE STRATEGY & ARCHITECTURE GROUP LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.