Bricklaying Apprenticeship small construction company TAYLOR WOOD CONSTRUCTION LTD
The apprentice will be supporting a senior builder on site with a variety of tasks. The apprentice will also be expected to complete other building related tasks and general clearing and housekeeping that relates to working on site. They will also be working alongside another apprentice.
Closing date: 30 May 2023
£5.50 an hour to begin with but this will increase with experience.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Usual working weeks are around 39 hours. Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm (includes 30 minute lunch). Over time may be available depending on the job and age of apprentice. Hours may be less due to bad weather, or additional hours offered to make up for this.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
02 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting a senior builder on site with general building works, excavations, foundations, sub and superstructure works, masonry and stone works, plasterwork, structural floors, lintels and surface finishes / coverings
- Material quantity estimation and waste management
- General clearing, sorting, organising, loading, tidying and cleaning as appropriate
- Time keeping and meeting deadlines
- Transporting loads safely
- Working at heights
- Working with subcontractors and other members of the team
- Clearing tools and workspaces, loading and unloading the van as well as keeping the site, workshop and tools clean and tidy
- Following health and safety guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Bricklaying. Other training may be available dependent on interests (e.g. first aid, carpentry, asbestos awareness etc).
Block release college time at NWSLC or Harrowbrook.
Most work will be in the Leicester area, always within one hour of Nuneaton, although transportation from Nuneaton may be available.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We hope to employ someone who will stay with the company long term and has an interest in fulfilling a wider builder role, capable of carpentry and more.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
TAYLOR WOOD CONSTRUCTION LTD
LOCATION WILL VARY DEPENDENT ON JOB
ALWAYS WITHIN 1HR OF CV10 9PS
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.