Apprentice Production Technician VPI Holding Ltd
VPI are looking for an Apprentice Production Technician to join their team. Candidates should be confident, keen, and enthusiastic and committed with a positive attitude to work. This is an ideal opportunity to learn all aspects of power station operations and achieve an Advanced Apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
8.00am - 4.00pm - Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
VPI Shoreham are looking for an apprentice to train alongside our existing, experienced team. As an apprentice you will study a range of programmes working towards a Level 3 in either Engineering Technician Apprenticeship standard or Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Standard (Dependant on location), covering a variety of skills and qualifications while earning a wage and completing invaluable practical skills in industry. You will be working alongside a mentor and assisting the experienced process shift team with the following duties:
Main Duties and responsibilities.
· Start-up and shutdown the plant process as per operating procedures
· Operating the plant and process within the set production and safety parameters
· Take samples as per the sampling schedule and procedure
· Complete daily logs and make notes of operational events and communicate to the Shift Team Leader and oncoming shift team
· Assist in the return to service of new plant and equipment
· Assisting in carrying out permit to work isolations, de-isolations
· Report any Health and Safety issues / incidents
· Report any Engineering issues
· Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained on plant
· Ensure correct stock control of any raw materials used on plant
· Ensure control of emergency equipment and PPE in the area
· Ensure correct control of any waste streams and assist in the management of the controlled waste zone
Due to Health and Safety requirements for shift working, all apprentices must be 18 years of age by April 2025 when they leave their studies at GBMC continue their apprenticeships on site.
What we can offer you:
· Competitive apprenticeship salary
· Exceptional training and development programme
· 25 days holiday + bank holidays
· A Flexible programme that is employer led with bespoke training modules
· Exceptional reward and recognition events
· Additional Training and Development Plan - See below
Training for this apprenticeship will be delivered by Greater Brighton Metropolitan College, at their Chichester or Northbrook Metropolitan College Campus, depending on home location of Apprentice.
The role will occasionally involve some working at height, work within in confined spaces, and work with PPE required when working with chemicals. Specific training will be provided for these aspects of the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician (Pathway 13) or Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician / MOET
Technicians in the wider advanced manufacturing and Engineering Sector take responsibility of quality and accuracy within the limits of their personal authority, demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role and complement wider business strategy and development.
A Technician will understand:
· First principles relating to the operation and maintenance of appropriate plant and equipment
· Relevant industry health and safety standards, regulations, and environmental and regulatory requirements
· Maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment, and
· The relevant engineering theories and principles relative to their occupation
A Technician will apply their knowledge of plant and systems to safely perform maintenance and operational activities with minimum supervision. This will require them to:
· Comply with industry health, safety and environmental working practices and regulations
· Locate, and rectify faults on plant and equipment,
· Communicate with and provide information to stakeholders in line with personal role and responsibilities,
· Read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation
· Prepare work areas to undertake work related activities and reinstate those areas after the completion of the work-related activities
· Inspect and maintain appropriate plant and equipment to meet operational requirements
· Assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment, and
communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate engineering process has been completed to specification.
Successful achievement of the end-point assessment will lead to final certification of the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression subject to performance, the position comes with personal development throughout your career with VPI and support to deliver the businesses objectives. Support to study and achieve an H.N.C. in a relevant operations discipline within three years.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
VPI Holding Ltd
Shoreham Power Station
Basin Road South, Portslade
CHICHESTER COLLEGE GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.