Administration Apprentice Joseph Parr Group
We are looking for a business support administrator for our accounts payable team, the team comprises of two departments responsible for providing the financial and administrative aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable and compliance matters within the business. This programme will support and be an entry for ongoing career development
Closing date: 02 Jun 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Performance bonuses subject to review.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm with one hour lunch.
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
05 Jun 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Inputting and updating daily transaction records in relation to accounts payable and direct sales administration and incoming stock receipts, including but not confined to:
- Entering financial data into books, spreadsheets, or accountancy software
- Keeping financial records organised and easy to access
- Locating or tracking invoices, receipts, purchase orders and other financial records
- Matching and filing invoices and receipts
- Providing financial data to management as required.
- Checking for financial irregularities, data entry errors and potential fraud
- Communicating with relevant suppliers to process invoicing or payment queries
- Posting invoices and credit notes onto the relevant IT system(s)
- Booking in the receipt of stock and updating stock records
- Assist with the preparation of monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Investigating and resolving outstanding creditor items.
- Routine liaison with the Account Receivable/Credit Control departments in relation to Direct Sales customer invoicing, queries, and credit processing
- Monitor and manage the company central mailbox
- Capture all incoming financial and stock documentation for electronic retention in company records by utilising available software and hardware
- Keeping records, in manual and electronic format of all relevant financial and administrative documentation. Ensuring all supplier and/or customer personal, sales and purchase information is filed appropriately, to time. In electronic and/or manual format
- Resolve 1st line enquiries by phone & email, providing high quality enquiry handling to customers & suppliers, escalating enquiries that cannot be resolved at the first line level to the relevant point of contact within the organisation
- Acknowledging complaints and where needed, escalating the complaint for resolution
- Assisting with product and price maintenance, as necessary
- Assisting with the GL, AR and AP period end procedure
- Assist the management team in the production of financial transactions and reports
- Support internal and external audits, where appropriate
- Develop specialist expertise in agreed business areas
- Support the development of a core capability within the Business Support Team for financial administration skills and knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Your Apprenticeship: L3 Business Administrator
The programme duration is 12 months, designed to build your knowledge, skills and behaviours. Covering processes and procedures, stakeholder management, problem solving, and other business fundamentals. You will have a dedicated coach to support your learning and complete with a L3 qualification equivalent to 2 A Levels, along with any maths or English completed.
You will build knowledge skills and behaviour to actively support and carry out the duties listed in the above section withsupport from your coach and peer group.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is further career progressions into the accounts payable team with opporuntites to move across the business.
With further development programmes to support your growth in role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Joseph Parr Group
About disability confident
Joseph Parr Builder and Timber Merchants Ltd
Dunnings Bridge Road
TRAVIS PERKINS PLC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.