Print Apprentice JOHN HARRISON (STOCKTON) LIMITED
We have an excellent opportunity to join one of Europe's longest established independent suppliers of print printed packaging. Your apprenticeship will be within the Print department working with experienced printers and print assistants to help train you to become a valuable member of the print team.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
421.56 per week
Continental Shift pattern to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Organise systems and prepare all relevant material components which will enable the machine to run throughout the shift
- Setting up jobs, mixing inks, colour matching, wash ups, loading material
- Inputting data into a MIS, including material consumptions and clocking data
- To ensure the machine maintains the highest of standards and optimum speed while at the same time ensure customer quality standards are met
- To include high quality, bespoke, short and long run jobs ? Daily maintenance and care of print machinery
- Assist in ensuring make readies are efficient, carrying out appropriate checks, including of bar codes and print quality
- Control the press feeder during productions runs, reducing stops to production and using non-stop pile changeovers for continuous production
- To ensure all relevant materials and consumables required are available, clean and supplied in the correct quantity for each job
- Responsible for replenishing consumables such as IPA and fount additive throughout the shift
- Responsible for monitoring and maintain all material usage during production in order to maximise press efficiency
- Preparation of coatings and blankets for subsequent runs, whilst moving previous items to the correct holding areas
- Preparation of printing inks for subsequent runs to help achieve optimum changeover times
- Product and material fault finding
- Ensure the housekeeping of machinery and the working area is maintained to a high standard
- To work in a safe and responsible manner at all times and operate within Company Health and Safety procedures and safe systems of work
- Communicate, practice and promote the values, ethics and culture of Harrison Packaging
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 2 Print Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours. Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Harrison Packaging and the BPIF.
- You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available
- Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs
- Most training and studying will be a combination of site-based and remote delivery
- Candidates who do not have the required level of maths and/or English will be required to complete Functional Skills as part of their apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Those who work hard and excel can expect that the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent, full-time position within the print department, with the opportunity to continue their career progression
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
JOHN HARRISON (STOCKTON) LIMITED
John Harrison (Stockton) Ltd
Easter Park Earlsway
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.