Apprenticeship in Bicycle Mechanics Highway Cycles
Due to the expansion of our existing business, we are seeking an apprentice bicycle mechanic to work in our new retail location once they have completed their training at our main store. Duties include, identifying problems with a bicycle and discussing solutions with the customer or client.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, may work evenings and weekends, exact shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Estimate the cost of repairs and give quotes; advising on economic viability
- Carry out a bicycle service and safety checks
- Give advice to customers or clients, including the sale of bikes, parts and accessories
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will complete the Bicycle Mechanic (level 2/equivalent to GCSE) qualification over a period of 18-months where the training will be delivered in a mix of one day a week and block release. The training will be delivered at our location in Hertfrod, Hertfordshire
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once qualified we expect you to become a full-time bicycle mechanic at either of our East Hertfordshire stores
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
About the employer
9B GREAT NORTHERN WORKS
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.