Apprentice Account handler CLEAR INSURANCE MANAGEMENT LIMITED
As a Apprentice Account handler, you will be involved in servicing and administering the insurance portfolios of clients in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner. You will work across all sectors, including our small business division and claims division.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
(approx. £8.21 per hour)
Monday - Thursday: 9.00am - 5.15pm with an hours unpaid break for lunch each day. Friday: 9.00am - 5.00pm with an hours unpaid break for lunch each day.
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To offer a comprehensive insurance service to existing and potential new customers.
Specific duties will include:
- Provide new business quotations providing relevant advice, information and guidance
- Take instructions from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected, and relevant records and diary entries are created
- Manage the renewal of existing clients’ policies with their current insurer or move to a new insurer, as appropriate. Ensure relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created
- Take instructions from existing customers in respect of alterations to current policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated
- Maintaining client records on our electronic filing system
- Carry out credit control with relevant customers
- Check client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments are completed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Broking:
- Fully and part funded learning and development programme that includes the Cert CII
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
- Role-specific route ways tailor the apprenticeship to the job role:
- Claims Handler / Loss Adjuster
- Assistant Underwriter
- Junior Broker
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Resit costs for CII exams and End-Point-Assessment will be covered by the employer
- Fortnightly workshops for each CII exam
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a growing business, our aim is to develop our Apprentice’s knowledge and skills, providing them the opportunity to develop and progress into a permanent role on successful completion of the Apprenticeship. Furthermore, as a Chartered Broker, we pride ourselves on continuing developing and offering the support to undertake further professional qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade C or above) Essential
About the employer
CLEAR INSURANCE MANAGEMENT LIMITED
A G M House
3 Barton Close
SKILLS EDGE TRAINING LTD
0333 358 3559
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.