Apprentice Fabricator, Welder and Fitter MAC ENGINEERING & WELDING SERVICES LTD
MAC Engineering and Welding Services are looking to recruit a forward thinking metal fabricator with an interest in, or previous experience in hydraulics and pneumatics, with an ambition to progress with the company.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
depending on experience
Monday - Thursday, 08:00 - 16:30 and Friday, 08:00 - 15:30. Hours may vary slightly according to job.
Total hours per week: 38.5
Possible start date
05 Jul 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice will be expected to carry out general metal fabrication & welding work
- Being mechanically minded, for repairs to hydraulic and pneumatic tools and equipment
- You will work alone or in a team according to the specific contract
- You will also be responsible for checking and maintaining health and safety precautions
- Checking materials conform to the specified grades, dimensions and thicknesses identified on detailed engineering drawings
- Completion of paperwork for inspections and documentation relating to each individual job
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship Standard, including Functional Skills if required
- This programme includes Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) Level: 3 and Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) Level: 3
- This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
- At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to develop within the business, working independently on a full time, permanent contract
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MAC ENGINEERING & WELDING SERVICES LTD
Unit 6, DJN Businessess Centre
Southwell Road West
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.