Equine apprentice Rohan Stables
Rohan Stables are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join their team. As an apprentice you will help while learning all aspects of horse care such as general equine husbandry, field care and maintenance, to looking after youngsters, competition and veteran horses. The team are really friendly and the opportunities to learn are endless.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Days and shifts are to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
26 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mucking out
- Trimming and clipping
- Lungeing and riding
- Health care
- Assisting with running of events
- Assisting with customer care and experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a 100% work-based learning apprenticeship of which the successful candidate will be awarded the Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship Standard
- There is scope for either the riding or non-riding pathway to be chosen and this will be discussed at interview
- To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you will need to be hard working, prepared to work outdoors in all weather and often at weekends
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of progression to the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom Apprenticeship on completion of Level 2 or a full time job
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SHELDRAKE TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.