Medical Receptionist Apprentice Administrator DR THAKUR & DR E UCCELLI
Dealing with patients and visitors in an efficient and courteous manner, proactively communicate information between relevant patients, doctors and professionals, administrative duties.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
£6.00 per hour
Monday - Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm.
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
20 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice.
- Book in patients and visitors in line with practice appointments and visitors' procedures.
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly.
- Ensure computerised appointment system is up to date.
- Booking, amending and cancelling patient appointments.
- Set-up of new patients onto the computer system.
- Issuing computerised repeat prescriptions and preparing them for signing.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and responding to e mails, ensuring information is documented, redirected and/or actioned accordingly.
- Ensure answering machine service for out of hours information is directed appropriately – switched to answer machine at close of practice and surgery each morning.
- Ensure up-to-date maintenance of both computerised and manual filing systems (i.e. patient notes).
- Administrative duties such as summarising, scanning, coding, reporting
- Opening, stamping and distributing internal mail and hospital correspondence.
- Scanning hospital letters and result on to the computer
The co-ordination and administration of requests from Solicitors, Partners and GPs for patient records in line with the Access to Medical Records Act.
Liaising with Healthcare Professionals, Primary Care Trusts, Patients, Solicitors and other External Organisations to assist with the resolution and administration of queries.
The efficient processing and production of referral letters and medical reports.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be adjusted periodically after review and consultation. You will also be expected to carry out any reasonable duties which may be requested from time-to-time.
Work safely at all times in accordance with Legislative requirements and Practice Policy and Procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Level 3 Units included in the programme include:
- The organisation
- Business fundamentals
- Decision making
- Project management
- Managing performance
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent position within the organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
About the employer
DR THAKUR & DR E UCCELLI
2 GROVES STREET
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.