Administrator Apprentice WALKER MORRIS LLP
An exciting opportunity has arisen with the Walker Morris Recoveries Department to become an Administrator Apprentice. This will be a varied & busy role providing professional administration and support for the specialist teams within the Recoveries Department.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday – 9:00 – 17:30. Exact shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
18 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice on a day-to-day basis, you will be doing the following:
- To gain an understanding of process across the Department and provide support to each specialist team as required
- To load new instructions onto the case management system, CaseNet
- To request and process documents from the Land Registry portal
- To assist in the issue of court proceedings and help progress them through the litigation process
- To perform tracing of individuals using desktop tracing tools
- To assist with administrative tasks and develop your personal skills and knowledge
- Working to service standards agreed with our clients
- Updating client systems to reflect the activities we have performed
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications
- Identify areas that may benefit from improvement and communicate them to your team manager
- Comply faithfully in all respects with directions and/or request from the team manager and paralegals that you are responsible to
- Comply with the Department’s policy in so far as own caseload is concerned regrading taking and confirming instructions; client care; file management; file organisation and file review procedures
- Seek assistance whenever appropriate from team manager/colleagues in respect of unusual or difficult problems/issues arising on any cases
- Contribute towards own self development and attend training arranged for you
- Provide support to other colleagues as required
- Report immediately to the team manager on any issue/complaint re: professional conduct and/or client dissatisfaction and/or potential negligence or negative costs implications for the firm.
- Promote good relations with other members of staff and facilitate teamwork
- Adhere to the firm’s health and safety policies and other requirements relating to the care of the firm’s equipment both in and outside of the office
- Be able to productively work from home on an unsupervised basis when required to do so
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship consists of:
- Advanced Standard Apprenticeship-Business Administration
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (Level 1/2) where applicable
- All aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with your employer, and you will have regular site visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme
- You will achieve a qualification in Business Administration Level 3 Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for the candidate to progress through the Recoveries Department and gain experience within all areas. The main aim is to bring somebody into the team and for them to develop and become a key team member
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent Maths & English (Grade A* - C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WALKER MORRIS LLP
33 Wellington Street
GLASS & FENESTRATION TRAINING SOLUTIONS LTD
0113 399 1807
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.