Business Administrator and Care Coordinator apprentice JOHNSTONES HOMECARE LTD
Are you looking for a career in business as a Care Coordinator? This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the office team and train to become the care coordinator. You will ensure all client visits are allocated, to recruit suitable Care and Support Workers, and to maintain appropriate office procedures. There’s real career progression available here and, Apply now!
Closing date: 29 Jun 2023
£7.50 per hour and this will increase by 50p per hour each quarter depending on performance.
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.30pm The apprentice may work one evening shift and one weekend shift per month, this would outside of the weekday shift (a rota will be in place)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Jun 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Answering all incoming telephone enquiries
- Implementation of thorough recruitment and vetting procedures of all Care & Support Workers
- Processing new client referrals
- Preparing appropriate documentation for Field Care Supervisors
- Permanent allocation of Care & Support Workers to all client visits and ensuring all visits are always covered
- Administration of all Individual Care & Support Agreements
- Maintaining client and Care & Support Worker office files and ensuring that they are always up to date
- Maintaining the computer system up to date at all times
- Ensuring all clients and Care & Support Worker documentation and electronic records are kept up to date at all times
- Ensuring all other records are kept up to date
- To work closely with the Field Care Supervisor
- To ensure compliance with all office systems and procedures
- Assistance with wages and invoice processing
- Production of reports and management information as required
- Be part of the on-call team on a rota basis
Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability. You’ll receive ongoing guidance from Caremark and Boom Training.
Care coordinators are part of an on-call system on a rota basis, so one night per week and one weekend per month for example they would have the on-call phone and answer any queries carers have whilst working with customers.
If staff have the on-call phone at the weekend they get paid £50.00, we would want to introduce this to the apprentice as they became more experienced.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Modules covering Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviours in Business
- You'll have a personal tutor to guide you through your training
- You will attend 1:1 sessions with your tutor every 2/3 weeks
- End Point Assessment (online)
- Occasional group classes with other learners
- Functional Skills Level 2 in maths & English if required
- Business Administrator Certificate from IfATE and City & Guilds
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- If the apprentice proves to be successful with his/her duties then the role will be expanded to the full-time Care Coordinator role after the 15-month apprenticeship
- Starting salary for this role is £24,000 per annum
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3 minimum) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
JOHNSTONES HOMECARE LTD
Unit 7, Grange Park
BOOM TRAINING LIMITED
02380 004 210
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.