Business Administration Apprentice Southill Lower School
We are pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager to learn candidate, to join our friendly office team based at Southill Lower School. The position is fast pace and the successful candidate will be required to multitask on a daily basis .
Closing date: 18 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 12.00 Noon and 1.00pm - 4.00pm Term time only plus 5 training days
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
11 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the Office Manager in providing a full secretarial service to the Headteacher including, typing/word processing documents, sending communication to parents, making diary appointments, preparing draft letters and reports as required and making arrangements for hospitality, organising awards evening and school fundraising events
- To open, sort and distribute post, operate the school telephone and email system whilst undertaking reception duties. Deal with deliveries and general enquiries from visitors and parents.
- Provide clerical support to teaching staff
- Help with the development and maintenance of the school management information systems in regards to pupil information; ensuring that effective administrative systems are in operation throughout the school
- Assist with arranging cover for absent teachers and support staff.
- Oversee administration in respect of educational visits, liaising with the Educational Visits Organiser, including liaising with staff and writing to parents
- To work with the Office Manager in regards to payments schedules and collecting / banking money
- Help with ordering supplies through to processing invoices for payment
- To manage data input and maintain up to date records on pupil information through Integris. This also includes adding new admissions (including in year transfers) and liaising with CBC over transport matters where necessary
- It also includes arranging paperwork of leavers ensuring they are removed from Integris and files sent on / transferred to their new school
- Ensure the school prospectus and website are up to date. Including uploading class documents to their class page
- Manage the administration of Free School Meals, SEN and PP pupils
- Undertake daily registers and all administrative duties in respect of pupil attendance including monitoring and following up of individual absences, in accordance with the school absence policy
- Arrange and manage parents evening appointments as well as assisting teaching staff in preparing ‘parent visit to school’ events
- Prepare weekly, termly and end of year awards and certificates.
- Administer first aid along with assisting with the management and maintenance of medical care plans
- Deal with lost property
- Print and collate school reports
- Organise and manage workload effectively within the office
- Cover for Midday Supervisor absence or TA absence as required which could include playground duty
- Attend school visits and sports festivals as and when required within school hours
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people in school
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support to achieve knowledge, skills and behaviours as laid out in the apprenticeship standard
- Experienced assessor to assess work and practice
- Individual learning programme tailored to own needs
- E-learning, training and monthly tutorials specific to your apprenticeship
- Mentor and support in the workplace
- A minimum of 20% paid time to be used for learning and development opportunities
- English and maths Functional Skills at Level 2 (if required)
- Support to achieve End Point Assessment
- Support to obtain a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to apply for a Clerical Assistant, Office Administrator or School Secretary roles internally or externally
- Being Level 3 qualified would mean the successful candidate could progress down managerial pathways in the future
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Southill Lower School
Derwent and Southill Federation, School Lane
CENTRAL BEDFORDSHIRE COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.